Sunday 23rd August 2020 - 12:51 pm
Andrew Phillips spoke with Joint CEO Si Johns from YMCA EXTER whose job is to "Spot people's potential and give them time"Si John's, YMCA Exeter Joint CEO Age: 44
- Finished school and went into youthwork.
- At 21, trained in social work and worked in children's home with young offenders.
- Experienced unemployment and benefits
- 2002, joined YMCA Exeter as Assistant Housing Manager.
- Supported over 1,000 young people - helping them overcome homelessness and debt.
- Now an expert in the benefits system, tribunals, disability training
- "My work is all about spotting people's potential and giving them the time they need to move on."
- Became Joint CEO in 2017, at age of 41.
Read more at https://www.ymcaexeter.org.uk/